DCSportsFan.com Football Power Rankings (Week 3) — Sponsored by Sports Extra
On the Bubble: St. Mary’s Ryken, St. Albans, Georgetown Prep, St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes, Sidwell Friends, St. James, Potomac School, Maret
10. Dunbar (2-0) — The Crimson Tide beat Coolidge, 28-7. Dunbar has a bye this week.
9. Landon (2-0) — The Bears beat up on DCIAA’s McKinley Tech, 41-0. Landon takes on a tough Woodberry Forest team this week.
8. Bell (3-0) — Bell won by forfeit over Eastern and they host 0-2 Coolidge this weekend. Don’t be surprised to see the Griffins go undefeated through a weaker than normal DCIAA Stripes league.
7. Paul VI (3-0) — Their opponent cancelled but PVI was able to schedule Ballou, and the Panthers won their third game in as many tries with a 43-8 victory. PVI plays St. James from the MAC this weekend.
6. McNamara (3-0) — The Mustangs shut out H.D. Woodson, 22-0. It was Woodson’s first game, so its hard to tell if the win was quality or not. All questions will be answered this weekend when McNamara travels to St. Mary’s Ryken (1-3).
5. Carroll (3-0) — Another week, another win for the Lions. Carroll defeated Wilson 43-0, and host another DCIAA school in Ballou on Saturday.
4. Good Counsel (2-2) –The Falcons were hammered by the infamous St. Frances Academy of Baltimore, 50-7. Good Counsel plays at Mount Saint Joseph this weekend.
3. Gonzaga (3-1) — Lost to St. Joseph Prep (PA), 38-3 for their first loss of the season. The Eagles will look to rebound against Archbishop Spalding this weekend.
2. DeMatha (3-1) — Defeated Friendship Collegiate 38-0. The Stags have a bye this week.
1. St. John’s (4-0) — Defeated Life Christian Academy (VA), 31-0. The Cadets travel to Archbishop Wood (PA) this weekend.