Former SSSA stalwart becomes Bucknell’s starting center

Home Forums DCSportsFan News High School Alumni News Former SSSA stalwart becomes Bucknell’s starting center

Tagged: ,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      DCSportsFan.com
      Keymaster

At first glance, Andre Screen looks like a typical college student. With his scholarly wire rimmed glasses and a beard that is filling in, Screen fits in well with the rest of his fellow Markets, Innovation and Design majors at Bucknell University.

Yet, as one moves closer to Screen, it becomes obvious that he is not the typical college student. At seven-foot-one and 261 pounds, he towers over the student body at Bucknell, as well as many of the teammates and competitors with which he shares an athletic space as part of his sporting endeavor, more specifically, the starting center for the Bison basketball team.

It has been an interesting trip for the St. Stephen’s and St. Agnes alumnus, Class of 2020.

“I started out at Lane Elementary School, and then attended Mark Twain Intermediate,” Screen said following a recent Bison practice. “I was supposed to go to Edison or Hayfield, but [former SSSAS] Coach [Ron] Ginyard saw me in seventh grade and brought me to St. Stephen’s.”

At the time, Screen’s basketball skills were not in great demand. He was tall in seventh grade, but at six feet even, Ginyard would never have guessed that the bespectacled youth would end up becoming a dominant center for the Saints. In fact, the “big man” spot was already filled by Charles Thompson, who would go on to play for Towson University.

Read more here: https://alextimes.com/2023/02/former-sssas-stalwart-becomes-bucknells-starting-center/

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Former SSSA stalwart becomes Bucknell’s starting center
Your information:

To Top
DCSportsFan

FREE
VIEW