The 2023 class of the Montgomery Montgomery County Sports Hall of Fame (MCSHF) features county natives who have achieved at the national and international levels, as well local figures who are among the very best at what they have done in and for Montgomery County. The new class, which MCSHF announced today, consists of athletes, coaches, and media stars from football, soccer, tennis, basketball, and TV.
The six inductees will be honored in a ceremony on Sunday October 29th.
This year’s class includes:
• US national soccer star Joanna Lohman (Springbrook)
• TV sportscaster and host Scott Van Pelt (Sherwood)
• Tennis player and coach Harold Solomon (Springbrook)
• Georgetown Prep football coach Jim Fegan
• Basketball star Tracy Jackson (Paint Branch)
• Gaithersburg football coach John Harvill – posthumous
This year’s class joins the members of the first four classes in the Hall of Fame. More information about this years’ ceremony can be found at www.MCSHF.org.