Legendary college football coach Lou Holtz, longtime Washington Redskins offensive lineman Joe Jacoby, high school football coach Bob Milloy and Dallas Cowboys defensive back Trevon Diggs headline the honorees at the DC Touchdown Club 3M Awards Dinner, which will be held on Thursday, April 21 in Bethesda, Maryland, and benefits Patriot Point.
Dinner tickets and Touchdown Club memberships are on sale now as the Touchdown Club honors the best and brightest in the National Capital Region’s football community, including Pro Player of the Year Trevon Diggs, College Player of the Year Jordan Addison and Circle of Legends inductee Bob Milloy.
“We are excited to bring Coach Holtz to Washington and honor him among this group of outstanding athletes and coaches,” Military Bowl Foundation President Steve Beck said. “The Dinner is one of the most enjoyable nights of the year and we can’t wait to gather together and celebrate.”
The full slate of award winners is:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Lou Holtz. Guided six collegiate programs to bowl games and a member of the College Football Hall of Fame.
- Founder’s Award: Joe Jacoby, Washington Redskins. Offensive tackle was a four-time Pro Bowler and a member of the NFL 1980s All-Decade Team.
- Pro Player of the Year: Trevon Diggs, Dallas Cowboys. Former star at Avalon School in Wheaton led the NFL with 11 interceptions this past season.
- College Player of the Year: Jordan Addison, Pitt. Former star at Tuscarora High in Frederick won the Biletnikoff Award as the nation’s top wide receiver after catching 100 passes for 1,593 yards.
- Circle of Legends: Bob Milloy. Winningest high school coach in Maryland history guided his teams to 405 victories, eight Maryland public school titles and four WCAC championships.
- Virginia HS Player of the Year Jacob Thomas, Stone Bridge. Led Bulldogs to consecutive Virginia 5A championships won on the game’s final play. Completed 109 of 156 passes for 2,357 yards and 31 touchdowns with just three interceptions this past season. Committed to James Madison.
- Maryland HS Player of the Year Kevin Winston Jr., DeMatha Catholic. Starred at wide receiver and safety, catching 42 passes, while making 77 tackles with four interceptions. Will play for Penn State.
- D.C. HS Player of the Year Jamar Curtis, St. John’s. Rushed for 1,007 yards and scored 12 touchdowns as the Cadets finished undefeated and won the WCAC title. Will play for Lafayette.
- Washington Metro High School Coach of the Year John Kelley, Quince Orchard. Guided the Cougars to an undefeated season and Maryland 4A title. Career record of 86-10 in seven seasons.
About the DC Touchdown ClubThe DC Touchdown Club honors the best in Washington Metro football, with year-round events highlighted by an annual awards dinner. Operated by the Military Bowl Foundation, the Club promotes the game of football, hosts entertaining social events and generates a significant philanthropic impact for Patriot Point. To learn more about the DC Touchdown Club, visit dctouchdownclub.com or follow DC Touchdown Club on Twitter and Instagram @DCTouchdownClub and like DC Touchdown Club on Facebook.